Friday, November 16, 2012

It's all about Me and Carl Sagan

So I'm still thinking about our car accident last weekend.   And I'm also thinking about the importance, especially during the Thanksgiving holiday, of paying close attention to these kinds of events and allowing them to have real influence on how we live regardless of whether those events are orchestrated or happenstance.

I resist the urge, especially on Facebook, and a lot more frequently that you would think, to write IN ALL CAPS these words:  IT'S REALLY NOT ALL ABOUT YOU, but then I think, maybe all we've really got is me or you and these little things we do with our little bit of time here together.  I don't know.  I guess it's just about perspective. And again, I find myself thinking that we are terribly insignificant to a billions of years old universe, but that our smallest acts somehow still have tremendous influence over our fellow human beings and their little bit of time.

Carl Sagan's birthday was a while back, but I didn't really ponder this picture and quote until afterwards.  I like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment