Saturday, March 16, 2013

The thing about suffering...

So my friend Ginger and I were talking this week about all the loss and suffering that's surrounded our community lately and she says this to me: "All I know about suffering is this: There's more coming."  She said a lot more about how that means we need to love harder, and something about wild turkeys, but I got stuck on the more's coming part.

I'll feel up to writing to you about the loss of my longest friendship later, but if you are suffering right now from loss, from confusion, from your own existence, let me tell you that this is just living and dying. It's not new. It's always been there and if you've not had the veil lifted on that before whichever sucker punch you've recently experienced, understand that this suffering is not exclusive to you, it's not targeting you, it's not even about you, except that maybe you can learn something from it about loving harder.


1 comment:

  1. I'll second that... a priority setter... a ego buster... and it is refreshing... IT'S LIVING!!!

    ReplyDelete