Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Maybe something shorter

So I ran across this article today and I hope you'll take time to read it. Truth is, I'm not making any sort of statement on whether you ought to support your preschooler if he feels compelled to wear a dress to school.  I wouldn't put either of us in that conversation, but Mr. Pickert makes two comments that I like.  One is, his donning a skirt was not a question of whether this is "wise or ridiculous" and the other is one of my favorite sentiments ever - "After all you can’t expect a child at pre-school age to have the same ability to assert themselves as an adult. Completely without role model. And so I became that role model..."  I love that this father is willing to bear the brunt of whatever cruelty the rest of the world can dish out just so his son will have an example of how to bear what will certainly come his way with strength and humor.  

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rsultan/this-dads-superhero-cape-is-a-skirt


No comments:

Post a Comment