Thursday, September 20, 2012

Where are my sunglasses?

So lately I've been frustrated about how short my attention span is (I've got a short little span of attention) and I was laughing with Candy about how neither of us can accomplish anything because by the time we enter a room we can't remember what it was we were supposed to be doing in it.  That's a funny thing to some people who do it occasionally, but imagine doing that A LOT and you are living my dream life right now.  I think it's my internet addiction and ridiculous amounts of Diet Coke that the Peli servers bring to me.  I accept these Diet Cokes because when I come in and someone says, "Diet Coke with Lime, Mrs. Barfield?" it feels like everyone saying, "NORM!" on Cheers.  Anyway, it's not their fault that the artificial sweetener has now depleted a gabillion brain cells and left me putzing around wondering where my sunglasses are all of the time (they are on my head).

I was suspicious that the problem was worsening, but if you can't remember anything you sure as hell can't formulate a plan to solve your dilemmas.  I did, however, inadvertently discover how quickly I forget something when this happened this summer:

I put some butter in the microwave to melt for 15 seconds.  When the timer beeped (in exactly 15 seconds) I actually wondered OUT LOUD, "What's that beeping for?"

Yep. It's that bad.  Taking a break from the Diet Cokes - starting tomorrow.




2 comments:

  1. Just NOW occurred to me you're referencing the Paul Simon song there. I had read this earlier and wondered whether you stated that again on a play of your short attention span.

    But now I get it.

    I think.

    Or do I?

    ReplyDelete