Sunday, December 11, 2011

People and places.

Target has always been a good enough reason for me to drive to Cartersville, but since my sis moved there a few years ago I have discovered a few more. Here are my two favorite (and we are not even going to mention AGAN'S BAKERY):

Heather Chaney co-owns and operates a lovely home decor store called A Room Within down under the bridge near Appalachian Grill. Heather's a rare gem of a decorator who will actually talk you OUT of spending all of your money and show you a better way to create the interior you want. Also, she lets me hem and haw and then come back to the thing she knew I'd like and never says, "I told you so." Recently, she's started a side business called Burlapse (really, she can do anything) with things like these which I think are perfect Christmas gifts:




http://www.burlapse.com/ . She's also on Etsy.




RIGHT NEXT DOOR is my other favorite reason to go to Cartersville. Periwinkle is a boutique for people who don't want to wear the exact same thing as everyone else to the Christmas party. Great dresses and accessories. And let me tell you that Patty (owner) holds a place of distinction in my heart because she was this blog's first unsolicited reader! We know a few things about Patty. First, she knows how to make a friend (her email held a compliment!). She has excellent taste in clothes. Also, we know she is very kind because on more than one occasion my sister and I have gone in there and giggled and snorted at these greeting cards she carries and not once has she told us to straighten up and buy something already. You'll love her.


Definitely stop in both places next time you head to C'ville.














No comments:

Post a Comment